November 18, 2009
In this episode I'm talking about how friggin' awful my novel is this year, the depths to which I have sunk in order to actually stay motivated and keep writing, and where my proirities really lie when it comes to the age old "quantity versus quality" question.
I also do my Galadriel impression, for some reason. Clearly the month is taking its toll on my sanity.
November 14, 2009
This is the podcast that I recorded on the fly at the Freddy Words / FredNoWriMo writing retreat last Sunday. Thrill as I angst about my word count while strung out on no sleep!
I originally recorded a bunch of talking to people during the lunch hour, but Audacity seems to have eaten it! What a friggin' shame. Thanks anyway to everybody who talked to me, I only wish I could share your words with the rest of NaNo Land North.
A couple of other notes:
1) Late in the podcast I mistakenly call the group "Freddy Writes", but they are, in fact, "Freddy Words". I blame my having so very little sleep that weekend, and my generally being a doof.
2) I can't remember the name of the ONE person whose mini-interview survived! It may be Yolande, the Super ML of the Freddy group and one of the main organizers of the retreat, but I'm not sure. If you're listening, mysterious commenter, leave a note here and I'll edit this post. [EDIT: It appears that it was, indeed, Yolande. (Thanks, Jeannie!) Thanks again, and I'm sorry that the rest of the interview didn't survive!]
3) I meant to post this much earlier in the week, but due to work and hosting local write-ins it's going up a bit late. Please mentally transfer the "week 2" wishes of goodwill at the end into "week 3" ones.
4) Once again, a HUGE thank you to the group that hosted this event, it was extremely uplifting and WAY productive. I would jump at the chance to do it again, even if it meant getting up at that ungodly hour (during which time, I should add, I am usually still awake.)
November 4, 2009
This week we're talking about NaNo rebels, and we're doing it while listening to a funky song about being friends with aliens. What more could you possibly need?
October 28, 2009
Holy crap, it's three days until the start of November! This must have happened when I was sleeping, because I'm pretty sure it's supposed to still be Labour Day weekend.
This week we're talking about what you're NOT giving up during NaNo. It's fun! Or completely terrifying! Maybe both!
October 21, 2009
Yes, I've decided that the last episode was number 1 after all. So now it's time for number two!
This episode is dedicated to you first timers, as well as the old hats who want to remember what it was like to crack open a word processor or notebook on November 1st that first fateful year. I also interview the lovely and talented Sarah, a NaNo veteran who shares the story of her first NaNo experience with us today.
The prompt post is forthcoming - stay tuned!
October 14, 2009
The first episode of the NaNoCanada Podcast is live! Tune in for a discussion of NaNo's addictiveness, the Canadian NaNo and novel experience in general, and some warm-up writing tips!
The link to the official warm-up prompt is here:
We'd love to hear from you, and we want you to be a part of the podcast! Check out this post for contact info, or just post a comment below.
October 2, 2009
Glad to have you aboard!
[DATE CHANGE] The first episode will be out on Wednesday, October 14! In this episode we'll consider what makes NaNoWriMo such an addictive part of the year, as well as what makes the wee regions like New Brunswick (my home province) so small but so, so mighty. Not to mention writing warm-up tips, a special NaNo Canada writing prompt, and awesome podsafe music by Canadian artists.
Stay tuned, 'cause you don't want to miss it!
In the meantime, GET INVOLVED!
- Share your NaNo stories (or for you first timers, your NaNo hopes and dreams!)
- Suggest a prompt or writing exercise!
- Tell us about your region and what makes it cool!
- Are you brave? 'Cause we would LOVE to have you as a guest host!
Here's how you can contact us:
Email me at cassaclyzm (at) gmail (dot) com
PM / NaNoMail me
Join the Facebook group
OR comment below!
- Cass, your humble producer and host